Friday 25 April 2008

A Quandry

So as you can tell I haven't posted for a while. Been a bit difficult to talk about interesting stuff tbh. Thats the thing with posting this under my name, you can't really talk about real life stuff and stuff that involves people who might read this (not saying I'd post bad stuff just otherwise I might be tempted to talk about real life situations and things that aren't ready for the public eye just yet. But hey, if this wasn't public then no one would read it and then whats the point! So you an see why I haven't had much to write about. And I'm sure you've all had enough of spiders...

So instead of telling you all about the spid I squashed for running out from underneath my keyboard, I thought I'd do a summary of the good and the bad over the last few days. I'm doing it in the style of a certain Radio 1 DJ - "What Rocks" and "What Sucks" as I've been listening to a lot of that of late.

(1)

Sucks - Doing 540 Miles worth of driving in the space of 4 and a half days
Rocks - Claiming 350 of those back at 40p per mile

(2)

Sucks - Fearing that my sat nav had broken whilst still needing to get to a caravan park, hotel and council offices in Norfolk
Rocks - finding a Curry's nearby and being able to purchase a replacement car power lead
Sucks - having to pay £20 for said lead which was only avaliable boxed with a windsceen mount (and which I didn't need!)

(3)

Sucks - Spending time on my own in hotel rooms
Rocks - using that time to get a good night's sleep

(4)

Sucks - Getting up at 5.15am to spend 3 hours on the road to Skipton
Rocks - Oversleeping, feeling more awake and only spending 2 hours getting to Skipton because the traffic had died down.

(5)

Sucks - Driving back from Skipton on a thursday and having to put up with Zane on Radio 1
Rocks - Doing it on Friday instead and turning the radio up too loud for Pete Tong on the way home
Extra Rocks - Listening to RATM "Killing in the name of" whilst driving to work and singing "F___ you I won't do what you tell me" repeatedly

(6)

Sucks - not having the willpower to give up smoking again
Rocks - realising that I do have willpower by again turning down biscuits in the office and not buying marshmallows in the petrol station after the delicious thought had been put in my head. There's renewed optimism on the smoking front!

(7)

Sucks - not going on a date on Wednesday
Rocks - getting to speak at length on the phone to the person who didn't go on a date with me and who may still do

(8)

Sucks - Getting a particularly disgusting email in my inbox today advertising a site to do with something illegal
Sucks - having to spend ages googling to find the appropriate website to report it and then finding it quite complicated to actually report the offence

(9)

Sucks - Missing the start of Dirty Sexy Money tonight
Rocks - watching a Beeb docu about the Crusades last night and then going on a Wiki Romp taking in Bohemund I, Richard The Lionheart, Baldwin, Stephen de Blois and the Fatimids.

(10)

Sucks - briefly having a fall out with my mum
Rocks - having a good conversation with my mum on the way back from Skipton (using the handsfree) and making up with her
Sucks - realising that whilst I can drive and talk on a handsfree at the same time, I can't follow a sat nav at the same time (though thankfully it corrects my mistakes!)

(11)

Sucks - forgetting to get some chicken out the freezer this morning
Rocks - Having sardines on toast with Mushroom cupasoup instead (the simple things in life)

and

(12)

Sucks - not being able to think of anything else to say
Rocks - F it, I've written enough.

No comments: