Saturday 5 April 2008

Treats

So I was in Sainsburys today and of course I had to buy myself a treat. It has to be something that is not on the list and something a little bit bad for me. However, as I've given up sweets, biscuits, chocolate and cake; fruit sherbets and golden crunch creams (custard creams were typically on the list!) are no longer allowed. Also, after checking the back of a Pork Pie and realising that it packed enough fat to sink a small hippopotamus, I went for the Scotch Egg option instead. Damn tasty those scotch eggs plus they have almost 10g of Protein in them (although I wonder how much is in the egg and how much is in the scotch!) .

As treats go, that was a just a small badger in a large badger sett. Actually, its been a while since I bought a new DVD in Sainos, although I have to say that I bought a pack of Sony DVD+RWs last week as I thought they might come in handy (and I'm still not sure what they will be handy for!).

Of course the ultimate treat option, would be a new car. I was having a conversation with the barber earlier about that very subject. Turned out, he worked for Toyota during the week so we were chatting about how crap the Toyota Supra's name was and the fact that the MR2 is a ladies sports car (though we did both agree that the Corolla was ok). Eventually we got on to Nissan and then American muscle cars. I recalled how I'd stepped out of Toronto airport once to find that all the cars in the car park had "5.0l" written on the back. I've wanted one like that ever since.

But of course, there can be no one clear favourite. If I had that 5.0l muscle car, then I'd still want a Dodge Viper and a Nisan Skyline and a Humvey and an american pickup jeep and .... the list goes on. So for now I'm happy to have a Nissan Primera because it feels like I'm halfway to having a Nissan Skyline.

No comments: